island lingo.2

Upon the return of four of my co-workers from Orlando where they ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon and experienced some proper American shopping, I complimented LB (from Scotland) on a new pair of shorts. She responded with: "Oh! I got them at Focus!" I started thinking, "Focus... How did she find a U.S. brand that I'm not familiar with? Have I been gone that long?" But my thoughts were interrupted by KM (also from Scotland), who said, "LB, I keep telling you: It's not Focus; it's Target!"

Apparently, this store was also
called "Arrow" that weekend.

Despite this cute misnomer, I just couldn't keep chatting about Target or the Gap or outlet malls for long without a serious retail therapy urge. Our trip to the States this summer is bound to be a dangerous one for my credit card...

0 comments:

Post a Comment